Holiday Plant Orders Due 11/24
Holiday Plant Pickup 12/2 & 12/3
JUNIOR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
What do Junior Volunteers do at P.A.W.S.?
They multi-task and help with the trash, clean and feed the animals, clean cages and dog runs, grooming, attend and assist with community and fundraising events, maintain the shelter building, laundry, clerical tasks and mailings and much, much more! Every task is important to PA.W.S.
What are the requirements to be considered for the Jr. Volunteer Program?
- You must be between the ages of 14 -17 years old at the time of application.
- You must complete the application process, attach a photo ID of yourself (for proof of age; a photocopy is fine).
- Volunteers are required to commit to one shift per week for 3 months – the same shift per week.
- Shift openings will be discussed at orientation.
- Volunteers are required to adhere to the rules and regulations set forth by P.A.W.S.
- If you are chosen for the Junior Volunteer Program, we will contact you via email to attend a required orientation. Junior volunteer orientations are held three times per year – in January, April, and September.
- P.A.W.S. does offer community service hours for school (at least 36 volunteer service hours required regardless of school/church/organization requirements).
- Volunteers are under the supervision of the Head of Shift for that shift along with the adult volunteers and must follow their instructions. Your safety and the safety of our animals are very important to
- Respect for P.A.W.S. property and shelter policies.
- Perform all duties in a manner that ensures a positive image of P.A.W.S.
- Based on the volunteer’s conduct, failure to follow instructions or complete their volunteer commitment. P.A.W.S. may decline your volunteer service.
- P.A.W.S. does not offer court–required service hours.